A list of fears that have developed while in Mongolia
- Dropping something into the outhouse pit. Outhouses look like tiny little sheds that have wooden slats covering a pit, with one slat in the middle missing where you can “relieve yourself”. Objects I fear losing oscillate between my roll of toilet paper, flip flops, phone, glasses, headlamp and key.
- Stepping in the outhouse slit myself and getting stuck… or worse breaking a limb.
- Not ever figuring out what the word for spatula is in Mongolian. (I just want to buy one- I know they exist here!!!)
- A fat cow missing me in its line of sight and consequently running me over, turning me into pancake shaped Ariel.
- My ger door/ger lock freezing shut, and I not being able to open it.
- Dying from either too much sugar/chocolate or from the toxins they put in Chinese Ramen.